Director of Contributions & Customer Service
Department: Contributions & Customer Service
Hours: generally Monday thru Friday, 9:00AM to 5:00PM with occasional evening or weekends based on donation outreach.
Salary: 60 – 70K, DOE, benefits are offered.
Parca, nonprofit serving individuals with developmental disabilities and their families, is searching for a director to oversee, develop, and strategically grow Parca’s clothing donation efforts.These efforts help to generate the necessary funds to sustain Parca’s support programs for the developmentally disabled and autistic community.
Main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for developing a marketing and public relations strategy to attract and increase donations.
- Work with the Savers liaison to create a development strategy for expansion.
- Work with Parca’s mail house to create and support the necessary donation routes.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of the industry trends and operations, and provide interpretation to CEO, directors, supervisors and staff within the organization.
- Monitor measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements.
- Ensure high quality public relations with community and maintain effective working relationship with contractors and vendors.
- Negotiate and manage all relevant contracts related to Parca’s donation efforts.
- Budget development and financial oversight.
- Work with corporations, schools, charitable and social organizations to establish and coordinate donation drives.
In addition, the director will oversee the Supervisor of Contributions/Customer Service, who in turn directs and coordinates all logistics in regards to Parca’s clothing contributions which include scheduling of the daily routes and dispatch of drivers. The Supervisor of Contributions/Customer Service coordinates the pickup and distribution of all clothing donations and operational support activities related to reporting donation volume. This includes the daily monitoring and dispatch of a fleet of five Route Drivers and the phone/online duties related to customer service.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Contributions/Customer Service report directly to the Parca CEO.
- Carries out management oversight of the Supervisor of Contributions/Customer Service. This includes interviewing, hiring, and training the Supervisor of Contributions/Customer Service; appraising performance; addressing and resolving problems brought by the Supervisor.
- Prioritizes and adjusts the Supervisor’s workload as required to meet donation and customer service goals.
- Ultimate oversight for the Parca fleet of trucks as outlined by Parca’s truck leasing company’s protocol.
- Ability to resolve higher level problems, and conflicts in a timely manner and delegate specific duties to Supervisor of Contributions/Customer Service.
- Verifies that all Contribution’s staff complies with generally accepted standards of competency and professional behavior as outlined in Parca’s Employee Handbook.
- Addresses any issue that hinders the department’s ability to deliver donations to Parca’s drop locations at Saver’s Stores, currently located in San Jose, Milpitas and Redwood City.
- Determines and documents any areas that may need improvement. Provide feedback and propose problem solutions, including cost and waste reduction.
- Responsible for the department’s fiscal planning: budgeting, expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned in order to maintain a growing level of donations.
- College or Graduate level or equivalent with minimum of 5 years of relates applicable experience.
- 10 or more years of progressive experience in the development and implementation of corporate growth and revenue strategies.
- Proven experience in sales, forecasting and budget development.
- Able to resolve problems, and conflicts in a timely manner.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook and ability to learn additional reporting applications as required.
- Competent MS Excel knowledge and skills and experience.
- Operational logistics oversight.
Attributes and Capabilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively manage both department staff and external partner providers.
- Command of the English language; both written and verbal.
To apply: email cover letter and resume to PARCA@PARCA.org or mail:
800 Airport Blvd., Suite 320
Burlingame, CA 94010
or Fax 650-312-0737