Community Living Options
Community Living Options offers two programs Independent Living Services (ILS) and Supported Living Services (SLS) to help people with developmental disabilities live independently in their own homes.
Independent Living Services
The plan may include training in:
- Meal planning, cooking and nutrition
- Budgeting and money management
- Safety and health care
- Transportation logistics
- Grooming and personal hygiene
Supported Living Services
This program provides an array of services to clients who require a higher level of care and want facilitation, instruction, support and assistance to live in their own home. Services may include:
- Assistance with recruitment and supervision of personal attendants
- Accessing leisure activities
- Accessing translators or interpreters
- Independent Living Skills training
All counselors are required to have a college degree in a related field or extensive related experience. They must be trained in CPR and first aid.