Thank you for your interest in donating to PARCA. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, six Bay Area counties issued a legal order directing their residents to stay at home starting Tuesday, March 17. The counties that issued the order are Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Fransisco, San Mateo, and Santa Clara counties. This order will cause PARCA to cease clothing and household item donation operations until further notice. As of now, we will resume normal business once we are able. Our office is closed and our voicemail box is unmonitored. Disregard any mailer cards or past donation reservations you may have made with us. Thank you for your patience and flexibility during this challenging time.
Your monetary donations are always appreciated, and at this time, they can provide much-needed support as we navigate this challenging situation. Here are two ways you can support us now:
• Donate ONLINE
• Mail your contribution to PARCA, 800 Airport Blvd. Suite 320, Burlingame, CA 94010
Thank you for supporting PARCA.
Cleaning out your closets, garage or storage unit? PARCA especially needs clothing, shoes and small, usable household items. SEE A FULL LIST OF WHAT WE ACCEPT HERE. Your donation helps people with developmental disabilities in the San Francisco Bay Area! Call for a listing of pick-up dates in your area! Our truck will pick up usable items in good condition located within 30 feet of where the truck can safely park. PARCA welcomes most donated items, but there are some items that we regrettably must turn down. SEE A FULL LIST OF ITEMS PARCA DOES NOT ACCEPT HERE.
ITEMS PARCA ACCEPTS:
All items must be in wearable/working condition.
Clothing is most needed – all types, styles and sizes are accepted
- Men’s, Women’s, Children’s
- Clothing Accessories: Hats, Mitts, Scarves, Ties, Nylons, Socks, Underwear
- Personal Accessories: Purses, Wallets, Bags
- Linens, Pillows, Tablecloths, Fabric
- Jewelry, Watches
- Hardback and Paperback Books
- Records, Tapes, CDs, Videos, DVDs
- Computers and Software
- Printers, Copiers and Fax Machines
- Toys, Games, Puzzles, Stuffed Animals
- Crafts, Mugs, Vases, Pictures/Frames, Baskets
- Holiday Decorations
- Pots, Pans, Utensils, Dishes, Glassware, Silverware
- Small Electrical Appliances, Power Tools, Hand Tools
- Stereos, CD Players, Speakers, DVD and VCR Players
- TV’s 29” and smaller
- Sports Equipment
- Small and Large Garden Tools
Automobiles (call 1-877-997-2722 ) for details : it’s tax-deductible!)
Donation drop-off locations
Through a partnership with Saver’s Stores, PARCA is able to turn used clothing and household item donations into the funds we need to operate our programs. You may drop-off your donations of clothing and usable household items at any Saver’s Thrift Store at the following locations:
Saver’s Thrift Store
875 Main St @ Stambaugh
Redwood City, CA 94063
Hours: Mon-Sat 9-9, Sun 10-7
Drop-off donations on the Walnut St. side of the store.
Saver’s Thrift Store
60 Dempsey Rd @ Calaveras Blvd.
Milpitas, CA 95035
Hours: Mon-Sat 9-9, Sun 9-7
PARCA welcomes most donated items, but there are some items that we regrettably must turn down. For assistance in donating items PARCA does not accept, visit RecycleWorks of San Mateo County or call: 1-888-442-2666
ITEMS PARCA DOES NOT ACCEPT:
- Furniture and Mattresses
- Large Appliances and TV’s greater than 29”
- Baby strollers, cribs and car seats
- Textbooks, Encyclopedias and Magazines
- Large Musical Instruments
- Window Blinds
- Carpet/Area Rugs
- Automobile Parts
- Hazardous Waste/Flammable Products/Weapons and Explosives
- Construction Materials (lumber, plumbing, electrical)
PARCA is a 501(c)(3) organization and your donation is tax-deductible to the full extent allowable by law. Consult your tax advisor.
Tax ID# 94-1650851
Pursuant to Internal Revenue Code requirements for substantiation of charitable contributions, no goods or services were provided in return for your tax-deductible contribution.