Program Manager- Horizons/Page Mill Court
Department: Adult Services · Horizons Apartments, Belmont · Page Mill Apartments, Palo Alto
Shift: Full Time · 40 hour basis
Compensation: $42K – $45K Depending on Experience
Position Description: Responsible for ILS Program implementation in all aspects including coordination of training and support services to adults with developmental disabilities, staff training and evaluation of counselors, supervision and implementation of individual training programs of residents, and act as a liaison between Parca and Mid Peninsula Housing Cooperation.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff.
- Conduct monthly program staff meetings.
- Review and approve staff payroll through the ADP system.
- Design, implement and evaluate Program Services.
- Complete Individual Service Plans for all clients.
- Perform ILS Assessments for all new clients referred for ILS services. Prepare and submit reports to referring agency (with proposed Individual Service Plan as indicated).
- Direct staff to ensure that program goals / objectives and Association policies met.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and new developments with regard to the delivery of ILS training services.
- Co-facilitate semi-annual parent groups.
- Arrange for and/or provide for professional development of staff (e.g. In-service training)
- Consistently assess and prioritize time spent in both programs according to specific program needs.
- Work to maintain healthy morale of staff.
- Prepare and submit billing to the Accounting office within given timelines.
- Overall program management, including expenditures (keeping within budget guidelines).
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all significant incidents with clients.
- Develop and maintain complete master records for all ILS clients. To include: emergency, clinical, medical, and legal documents as required, in addition to all related correspondence.
- Document services delivered for regulatory and funding agencies as required.
- Twenty-four hour On-Call availability for program Monday through Friday; function as Administrator On-Call for weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Attend agency and departmental staff meeting as scheduled.
- Provide staff training to other programs as assigned.
- Recruit new clients for ILS program. Assist with recertification.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to community groups regarding Parca programs and services.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Act as liaison between Parca and Mid-Peninsula Housing Corporation.
- Assist Property Manager with implementation of HUD rules and regulations.
- Stay abreast of current grant distribution and maintain spreadsheet of total expenditure.
- Consistently represent Parca in a professional manner and act as a representative of the organization in furthering its objectives and advocating for improvement in the quality of life for persons with developmental disabilities.
- Maintains knowledge of Parca employment policies and the ability to apply them as it relates to subordinates and administration.
- Consistently ensure a healthy and safe environment for clients.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Performs related work as required or as delegated by supervisor.
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience, in Special Education, Social Work, Counseling or related discipline.
- Two years experience working with developmentally disabled adults in residential and / or independent living situations.
- Knowledge of the principles of staff supervision and development. Program and planning evaluation.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule.
- Possess maturity, judgment and skills in interpersonal relations with the ability to interact appropriately with management, co-workers, clients and subordinates.
- Clean DMV record and ability to be insurable Association’s insurance agency.
- Maintain an updated certification in First Aid and CPR.
To apply: email cover letter and resumes to PARCA@PARCA.org or mail:
800 Airport Blvd., Suite 320
Burlingame, CA 94010
or Fax 650-312-0737