Work as part of the team responsible for researching, planning, and implementing weekend programming.
- Provide direct supervision and care for all children enrolled in the program.
- Work as part of the team responsible for researching, planning, and implementing weekend programming.
- Lead and initiate activities for children with developmental disabilities.
- Be an active, engaged member of the team by having good communication skills, showing initiative and being supportive of other staff.
- Act as a role model for the children.
- Assist the children with self-care skills when necessary (toileting, feeding, changing clothes).
- Insure a healthy and safe environment for children.
- Assure that the residence/grounds are maintained in a clean safe, healthy and attractive living environment, i.e. empty trash/diaper genie, housekeeping such as washing dishes after meals, laundry (wash and dry clients personal clothes as needed), and cleaning eating area.
- Assure that the program vehicle is maintained clean and safe.
- Actively participate as a member of the staff team and strive for successful teamwork.
- Provide transportation for children when public transportation is not available or appropriate.
- Dispense medication and keep accurate records in accordance with licensing requirements.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid California driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Two years experience working with children with developmental disabilities.
- Needs to be finger printed, have a valid First Aid Certification, negative TB test, and a health screening which provides evidence of good physical condition.
- Willingness to adopt a positive and supportive attitude and use non-aversive methods of behavior management.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people in a positive manner.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems and recommend effective solutions.
- Paid experience working with children in-group home environment.
- Must be physically able to lift 50lb
To apply: Please specify Respite Caregiver as position you are applying for and send your cover letter and resume via email: PARCA@PARCA.org or fax: (650) 312-0737
800 Airport Blvd., Suite 320
Burlingame, CA 94010