Devil’s Slide Ride Volunteer Opportunities
Parca is looking for volunteers for our 3rd annual Devil’s Slide Ride (DSR).
1-2 Days before event:
- Course Markers – looking for experienced road cyclists who have participated in long-distance events (4-6 hour commitment)
Day of event, Saturday, June 28, 2014:
- SAG Drivers & Navigators – (Riding in Support and Gear vehicles) helping cyclists with minor mechanical problems or injuries; watching for injured riders; staying in regular communication with ham radio operators and aid stations; transporting cyclists who are unable to finish (and their bikes) back to the Community Center. Access to large SUV or van would be a definite plus.
- SAG Motorcyclists – Similar to SAG vehicle, except they aren’t responsible for transporting cyclists. *Previous SAG or road cycling experience and/or First Aid training preferred. All day commitment, 5:30 am – 6:30 pm.
If you or someone you know is qualified & available to help out with course-marking (6/26 or 27) or SAG (6/28) please apply via our online form here: http://bit.ly/1gZutKj
- Course Marshals – will be helping cyclists cross safely at major intersection like Hwy 1 and Tunitas Creek Road. (No previous cycling experience necessary.) 4-6 hour Commitment.
- Parking Supervisors
- Event Photographer – Experienced Photographer to take photos of riders & volunteers on the Road Rides & at the Community Center. All day commitment, Approx. 6:30 am – 4:30 pm.
If you or someone you know is interested in assisting Parca as a Course Marshal, Parking Supervisor or Event Photographer please apply via our online form here: http://bit.ly/1gZutKj
Questions regarding DSR volunteer opportunities? Send an email to suzanneh@PARCA.org