- This event has passed.
Accommodations & Modifications for Students with Down Syndrome
September 26, 2019 @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
The Down Syndrome Connection of the Bay Area is Proud to Present: Accommodations & Modifications for Students with Down Syndrome
Brought to Bay Area education professionals free of charge thanks to the DSCBA’s Down Syndrome Education Alliance Program.
Are you an educator working with a student who has Down syndrome who spends at least a portion of his/her day in a general ed setting? Do you need help figuring out how to modify the curriculum and activities for a student working below grade level?
- Why Inclusion?
- Setting the stage for success by using visuals to support transitions and behavior
- Utilizing assistive technology
- Universal Design for Learning
- Modifying from a strengths-based approach
- Reducing cognitive demands
- Teaching and team strategies
- Using peer supports
- Lots of practical examples of how to modify
SAVE YOUR SPOT TODAY: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/dscba0926
THIS CLASS IS FOR ALL GRADE LEVELS & YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A STUDENT WITH DOWN SYNDROME TO ATTEND.