Manager of Contributions & Customer Service
Department: Contributions & Customer Service
Shift: Typical hours are 7:00AM to 4:00PM
Compensation: Salary is based on experience and benefits are offered.
Essential Functions: Parca, a nonprofit serving individuals with developmental disabilities and their families, is searching for a manager to run the Contributions dept. The Manager of Contributions/Customer Service is responsible for directing and coordinating all logistics in regards to Parca’s clothing contributions which include scheduling of the daily routes and dispatch of drivers. The Manager of Contributions/Customer Service coordinates the pickup and distribution of all clothing donations and management activities related to reporting donation volume. This includes the daily monitoring and dispatch of a fleet of five Route Drivers and the supervision of one Customer Service Representative. The Manager of Contributions/Customer Service must be a-motivated self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision and possess a comprehensive knowledge of the SF Bay Area cities, roads and overall traffic patterns are required. The manager is also responsible for assisting to develop a marketing strategy to attract increase donations as well as work with corporations, schools, charitable and social organizations to establish and coordinate donation drives..
- High School graduate with two years of college credit or equivalent; or minimum of five years of related experience and/or training; and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Dispatcher, logistics and delivery experience.
- Familiar with computer programs such as: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Knowledge of the principles of staff supervision and development.
- Possess maturity, judgment and skills in interpersonal relations with the ability to interact appropriately with management, co-workers, clients and subordinates.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively manage both department staff and external partner providers.
- Command of the English language; both written and verbal.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to keep track of multiple simultaneous projects and functions.
- Must be able to thrive with a culturally diverse workforce.
- Ability to analyze situations and make informed decisions
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
To apply: email cover letter and resume to PARCA@PARCA.org or mail:
800 Airport Blvd., Suite 320
Burlingame, CA 94010
or Fax 650-312-0737