Supervisor of Contributions & Customer Service
Department: Contributions & Customer Service
Shift: Usual hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Mon-Fri). Early morning, evening and weekend hours are infrequent, but may be required based on project, seasonal demands and contributions volume.
Compensation: 40K per year
Scope & Responsibilities: The Supervisor of Contributions/Customer Service is responsible for all logistics in regards to Parca’s contributions. This includes administrative duties and the daily monitoring and dispatch of a fleet of six Route Drivers. The Supervisor of Contributions/Customer Service also coordinates the pickup and distribution of all donations and supervisory activities related to reporting the donation volume. The Supervisor of Contributions/Customer Service must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision. A comprehensive knowledge of the Bay Area is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers the phone, returns messages and schedules donation retrievals.
- Ability to resolve problems and conflicts in a timely manner.
- Conducts the day-to-day supervision of all Route Drivers.
- Delegates specific duties to the Lead Route Driver.
- Prioritizes and adjusts the drivers’ daily schedules.
- Maintains two-way contact with drivers, using radios and/or cell phones.
- Ensures timeliness of drivers (departing, driving, offloading, and returning on schedule).
- Provides feedback and propose problem solutions, including cost and waste reduction.
- Ensures adequate supply of materials such as receipts, driver equipment and truck supplies.
- Inputs data related to driver/route activity.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- 3 years related operations experience with progressive responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn additional reporting applications as required.
- Logistics/Delivery/Dispatch related experience.
- Compute basic mathematical functions.
- Current valid Class C driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and maneuver up to 40 pounds and sit for extended periods.
- Knowledge of the principles of staff supervision and development.
- Possess maturity, judgment and skill in interpersonal relations with the ability to interact appropriately with management, co-workers, clients and subordinates.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Supervisory skills and ability to lead others are required.
- Ability to read a map and provide directions.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to analyze situations, make informed decisions and use discretion.
High School diploma or GED certificate are required; Associates Degree or a minimum of 3 years related experience or training.
To apply: email cover letter and resume to PARCA@PARCA.org or mail:
800 Airport Blvd., Suite 320
Burlingame, CA 94010
or Fax 650-312-0737